- 2 1/2 lbs finely ground lamb or beef
- 2 cups tighly packed washed and picked parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves or 1 TBS dry mint leaves
- 1 large onion, cut up for food processor
- 1 tsp Bhar Helou or 1/4 each ground cinammon, cloves, nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
- In a food processor, chop onion extremely fine. Add parsely and mint and until you have a fine - not liquified - homogeneous mixture.
- Put the meat in a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients and spices to meat, combine and mix thoroughly with your hands.