If you like Saudi food, this Saudi Dough and Meat Recipe is for you! Try
Ingredients - serves 5
- 2½ cups plain flour or 350 g
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup NIDO Full Cream Milk Powder or 25 g
- ½ cup vegetable oil or 125 ml
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water or 125 ml
- 250 g minced lamb
- 1 medium onion or 150 g, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato or 100 g, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cube MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon, dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, extra
- In a large bowl, combine flour, egg, NIDO milk, vegetable oil and salt. Rub with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Gradually add water and mix to form a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions. Cover and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Combine the minced meat, onion, tomato, black pepper and MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon . Mix well and set aside.
- Turn out the first piece of dough onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead the dough and roll it out into a greased 32cm round oven tray.
- Carefully spread the meat mixture over the dough.
- Roll out the second piece of dough and place it over the meat to cover. Tightly press the edges and brush the top with the extra egg.
- Bake in a 170°C oven for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden and the meat is cooked.
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.