The Arabic Food Recipes Kitchen invites you to try delicious Rice with Broad Beans and Meat Recipe. Enjoy Arabic food and learn how to make tasty and easy dish of Rice with Broad Beans and Meat.
Serves: 8 persons
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, or ghee
1½ kg lamb shanks
1 bay leaf
1 small cinnamon stick
½ teaspoon whole black peppers
6 cups water or 1½ liters
For the rice:
3 tablespoons vegetable oil, or ghee
2 medium onions or 300 g, finely chopped
1 cup frozen broad beans or 200 g, or fresh, peeled
3 cups basmati rice or 600 g
½ cup fresh dill, chopped
3 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
4 whole cardamom pods
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oil or ghee in a pot, fry meat until golden brown. Season with bay leave, cinnamon stick and black pepper corns. Add water, cover and simmer the stock on low heat for 2 hours removing froth as it appears. Once the meat becomes tender turn off the heat and set aside.
- In another pot, heat the 3 other tablespoons of oil or ghee, add chopped onions and fry for 6 minutes. Add the broad beans to the onions and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add rice, chopped dill, MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon cubes, cardamom pods, and black pepper and mix well.
- Add 4½ cups (or 1125ml) of the meat stock to the rice mixture and cook on low heat for 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Arrange the rice in a wide serving dish, pour the meat on top and serve.
Save and share Rice with Broad Beans and Meat Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.