The Arabic Food Recipes kitchen (The Home of Delicious Arabic Food Recipes) invites you to try Egyptian Eggs with Dukkah Recipe. Enjoy cooking tasty Arabic food and learn how to make Egyptian Eggs with Dukkah.
Neil Perry versed Greg Malouf in a Cook Off where eggs were the theme ingredient. See what Greg came up with.
Dukkah Spice Mix
8 tablespoons sesame seeds lightly toasted
4 tablespoons coriander seeds roasted and crushed
3 tablespoons cumin seeds roasted and crushed
50 g Hazelnuts toasted, peeled and crushed
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon White pepper
Plain Flour for dusting
vegetable oil for deep frying
1 bulb Fennel thinly sliced
2 cups Flat-leaf parsley whole leaves
1 small purple Onion thinly sliced
60 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
of 1/2 - 1 Lemon or lime
1 teaspoon dried Mint
100 g Bulgarian feta
- Roast each ingredient separately, and rub away as much of the brown skin from the hazelnuts as you can.
- Pound the seeds using a mortar and pestle or whiz them carefully in a spice or coffee grinder.
- When you grind the sesame seeds and hazelnuts be careful not to over grind them or they will disintegrate
- into an oily paste.
- Soft boil the eggs for 3 minutes.
- Cool down under running water and peel carefully.
- Dust them in plain flour and then deep fry each egg for 1-1½ minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and immediately roll them in dukkah.
- To make the salad, mix together the fennel flat leaf parsley, onion and dried mint.
- Whisk together the olive oil and lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Dress the salad and crumble over the fetta.
- Divide among serving plates.
- Place a Dukkah egg on top of the salad, drizzle over a little extra virgin olive oil, and serve immediately.
Moroccan eggs - Chakchouka Recipe - Shakshouka
Save and Share Egyptian Eggs with Dukkah Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.