Monday, October 18, 2010
The Arabic Food Recipes kitchen (The Home of Delicious Arabic Food Recipes) invites you to try Moroccan spiced chicken on chickpea and pumpkin salad Recipe. Enjoy cooking tasty Arabic food and learn how to make Moroccan spiced chicken on chickpea and pumpkin salad... enjoy the Moroccan cuisine.
Preparation Time 45 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
4 small (about 700g) chicken breast fi llets
1 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbs olive oil
500g butternut pumpkin, seeded, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
500g frozen broad beans
400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
1 bunch coriander, leaves picked
1/2 cup round mint leaves
1 tbs lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Combine the chicken, cumin, paprika, ground coriander, cinnamon and half the oil in a large bowl. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes.
2. Place the pumpkin on an oven tray and drizzle with half the remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden and tender.
3. Cook the broad beans in boiling water for 3 minutes or until tender. Refresh under cold running water. Drain and peel.
4. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minute to rest.
5. Place the pumpkin, broad beans, chickpeas, coriander and mint in a large bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice and remaining oil. Gently toss to combine.
6. Place the salad among serving plates. Top with chicken to serve.
Notebook: - February 2008, Page 139
Recipe by Sarah Hobbs
Spicy Moroccan rice - Chicken tagine with preserved lemon - Moroccan spiced chicken with lemon potatoes and tomatoes
Save and share Moroccan spiced chicken on chickpea and pumpkin salad recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.