Thursday, August 25, 2011
The Arabic Food Recipes kitchen (The Home of Delicious Arabic Food Recipes) invites you to try Herbed Beans Purée (Besara) Recipe Recipe. Enjoy our appetizer recipes and learn how to make Herbed Beans Purée (Besara) Recipe.
2 Cups dried favabeans, skinless
6 Cups water
1 Onion (medium size), diced
½ Cup celery, cut
2 Garlic cloves
1 Tbs fresh coriander, chopped
1 Tbs parsley, chopped
1 tps mint, dried or ¼ cup fresh mint
Salt and pepper
2 Tbs vegetarian oil
½ Cup onion, julienned
- Wash favabeans (either soak for 8 hours or boil in water for 7 minutes and rinse).
- Add water to the favabeans and remaining ingredients except for oil and onion.
- leave mixture over low heat for about 2 hours without stirring. More liquid can be added if needed.
- Skim foam from top as necessary.
- Drain when all components are fully cooked, mash using a potato mash or electric mixer. Return over medium heat; stir until the mixture is thickened.
- Serve Besara warm or cold after pouring into serving plates.
- For garnish, fry onion in hot oil until golden brown, place on paper towel to absorb excess oil (can top with lemon peel).
More Arabic Food Recipes:
Potato, Beets and Cauliflower Puree
Phyllo with minced beef
Moroccan-spiced lamb triangles
Lebanese Olive Pizza
Save and share Herbed Beans Purée (Besara) Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.