For the Chicken
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for cooking
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
For the Salad
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 to 1 teaspoon of honey, depending on how sour lemon is
1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 cup (113 grams) diced hothouse or seedless cucumber
4 ounces (113 grams) feta cheese, diced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, dill, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Use the back of a small spoon to press garlic and dill into other ingredients. (This releases more flavor from the dill and garlic). Add marinade to a resealable plastic bag or small rimmed dish then add chicken. Marinate 20 to 30 minutes at room temperature or up to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Brush extra garlic from chicken and pat dry.
- Heat 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium frying pan (with lid) over medium-high heat. As soon as the oil is hot and looks shimmery, add chicken. Cook 2 to 3 minutes until golden.
- Flip, reduce heat to low then cover with lid. Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until an instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees F (74C) when inserted into the thickest part of the breast.
- Transfer chicken to a plate then cover loosely with aluminum foil. Rest 5 to 10 minutes then serve with salad.
- Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, honey and dill in a medium bowl then add tomatoes, cucumber and feta cheese.
- Toss gently, season to taste then refrigerate at least 20 minutes and up to a day.
Lebanese chicken and rice (riz ala' dajaj) | Arabic Style Herbed Chicken Wings | Chicken with Vegetables | Makloube: Upside-down chicken and eggplant pilaf | Middle Eastern Chicken Thighs With Roasted Vegetables | Moroccan spiced chicken with lemon potatoes and tomatoes