Total Time 1 hr 15 min
Adventurous eaters will love the unique Moroccan flavor in this spicy twist on a classic gingersnap!
2 1/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
3 teaspoons ras el hanout Moroccan spice blend
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup melted virgin coconut oil
1/4 cup mild-flavor (light) molasses
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper. In medium bowl, stir flour, baking soda, 2 1/2 teaspoons of the Moroccan spice blend and the salt until well blended. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, beat brown sugar, coconut oil, molasses and egg with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Stir in flour mixture.
3. In small bowl, mix granulated sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon Moroccan spice blend. Shape dough by tablespoonfuls into balls; roll in sugar mixture. Place balls 3 inches apart on cookie sheets.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- For even baking, make sure balls of dough are the same shape and size.
- Ras el hanout Moroccan spice blend is a combination of many different spices such as cardamon, cloves, cinnamon, cumin and ground red chiles. It can be found in the spice section of your grocery store or specialty spice stores.