Try this easy Meat Kebbeh recipe to prepare for all occasions. You can serve as either part of the main course, or as appetizers.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes approximately
Cooking Time: 10 minutes approximately
Serves: 5 persons
All you need
1kg minced lamb meat, lean, divided
250 gm burgul
11/2 tsps salt
1 1/2 tsps al alali Ground Black Pepper
1 tsp al alali Ground allspice
1/4 tsp cumin
2 medium onions, 1 finely chopped, & 1 coarsely chopped, divided
1/2 cup toasted pineseeds (optional)
2 tbsps olive oil
vegetable oil for frying
- In a medium bowl, soak burgul for 30 minutes in cold water, remove excess water by squeezing through thick paper towel or cheese cloth
- In a medium bowl, mix meat, coarsely chopped onion, 1 tsp salt & 1 tsp al alali Ground Black Pepper. Mix well until dough becomes firm
- In a medium frying pan, saute finely chopped onion in olive oil, add pineseeds
- Add minced lamb meat and mix.
- Add al alali Ground Allspice, salt, al alalai Ground Black Pepper and cumin
- Cook until meat is light brown, set aside and allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Form a hollow ball from the burgul dough. Add the meat mixture and seal the ball
- In a pan, fry Kebbah for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels
- Serve hot and enjoy!