|Hummus with Ground Lamb and Toasted Pine Nuts|
Prep Time 5 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 25 mins
A Lebanese specialty, creamy hummus is topped with hushwee, a cinnamon-scented meat and pine nut mixture, then served with warm pita bread.
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Calories: 329 kcal
Author: Liz DellaCroce
1 platter of un-garnished Classic Hummus
1 tablespoon clarified butter ghee
1 pound ground lamb or sirloin
1 medium diced onion
2 tablespoons Lebanese All-Purpose Spiced Blend
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
fresh parsley to serve
- Spread hummus in a thin layer on a large platter and set aside.
- Melt clarified butter in a deep skillet over medium-high heat then add lamb to the pan. Begin browning the lamb using a wooden spoon to break up into bite-sized pieces.
- After about 5 minutes, when the lamb is still partially cooked, stir in the onion and spices. Continue sautéing, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent and lamb is fully cooked through, about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat and stir in the pine nuts. Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Spoon warm lamb and pine nut mixture over the hummus and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve with warm pita bread for scooping.