|Slow cooked lamb with fetta and tomatoes, pilaf and fatoush salad|
Recipe by Helen from Come Dine With Me Australia - Lifestyle Food
Slow Cooked Lamb
Leg of lamb, cubed into 8 pieces
500g feta cubed
8 tomatoes cubed
Salt and pepper
Pinch of paprika
Pinch of oregano
1 hand full of pine nuts
A pinch of Saffron
1 hand full of raisins
1 anise star
1 cinnamon stick
A pinch of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cups of basmati rice
4 cups water
3 cups lettuce
1 red onion
1 bunch parsley
Small bunch purple basil and mint
Salt and pepper
Lebanese bread (bought at supermarket)
Slow Cooked Lamb:
1. Pre heat oven to 220 degrees
2. Place lamb pieces in a bowl. Over the top of the lamb add oil, paprika, oregano, olive oil and salt and pepper. With you hands mix this through. Ensure all meat is well coated.
3. Cover the bottom of baking tray with aluminium foil and then baking paper, ensuring there is enough of both to fold over the top of the meat.
4. Put lamb into baking tray and over the top add the chopped tomatoes and then the fetta. Fold over the baking paper and then the foil covering the meat.
5. Put in oven and bake for 4 hours. Serve with pilaf and fatoush salad.
1. Heat olive oil in pot then add saffron, star anise, cloves, cinnamon stick, cayenne pepper and sugar. Combine and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add Basmati rice and then water. Cook rice on low heat until water is absorbed.
3. Let cooked rice stand for 5 minutes. Add pine nuts and raisins and stir through.
1. Mix all the vegetables and add oil, lemon and salt.
2. Bake bread in oven for 10 minutes. Top vegetables with baked lebanese bread.