Friday, March 17, 2017
3 cups flour, sifted
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small egg, whipped
1/2 cup yogurt
1 cup water, warm (or less depending on flour type)
2 teaspoon yeast, Instant
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon salt
1 cup Middle Eastern thyme mixture
1/2 cup olive oil
1 large spoon Sesame, Roasted
500 grams white cheese, Nabulsi or Akawi (salinity medium) cut into thin slices
1/2 cup cheese, Kashkaval or any type of grated yellow cheese coarse
- Mix dough ingredients well for 10 minutes until smooth.
- Sprinkle with little flower and transfer into a deep bowl, cover with plastic wrap or wet kitchen towel. Put aside for 2 hours in a warm place.
- Place dough on a surface sprinkled with little flour.
- Cut into balls based on required size. Roll it with the rolling pin into thin circles 1/2 cm thickness.
- Place rolled dough on trays greased with olive oil.
- Mix zaatar with extra sesame and olive oil. Spread over dough and press it a little.
- Spread white cheese over dough and sprinkle with a little amount of yellow cheese.
- Leave dough to rest for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place trays in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.