The key to great hummus is to let the flavor of the chickpeas come through, rather than be overwhelmed by the lemon.
- 1 Can Chick Peas
- 1 wedge garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- Drain chick peas into cup and save.
- Put chick peas, garlic, lemon juice and the tahini paste into a blender. Add about 1/4 cup of the juice from the chick peas, BLEND. If needed, add more chick pea juice, in small amounts, while blending, to get the right consistancy. Dip should be a little on the thick side and smooth - not too thick and not too liquidy. Should have a consistancy like any other dip!
- Spoon out into a dip bowl and sprinkle red pepper and parsley on top. *Red Pepper-optional. If you like the zing then put it on!
- Serve with potato chips, vegetables or the best is arabic bread (pita bread).
in the ethnic food aisle.
Video Recipe: Homemade Hummus