- 3 cups flour
- 2 grated onions
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon bread spices(yeast, fennel, poppy seed)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- oil for frying
- 1 lb. ground beef or lamb or feta cheese
- Put the flour in a deep bowl, add the bread spices and salt. Add the oil and rub with fingertips.
- Add water and a pinch of salt a little at a time, mixing thoroughly until dough is binding.
- Divide into small pieces, place on a tray and put in a warm place for one hour.
- Put ground meat, onion, salt, pepper and cumin in a frying pan and cook over low heat. Cool. Roll each piece of dough into a round, about 1/16 inch thick. Place a tablespoon of meat in the center of each round and seal then twist the edges.
- Heat the oil and deep fry the sambousek on both sides.
- Serve hot. Serves 8-10 persons.
Sambousek Chicken and Vegetables
Fried Meat Sambousek Recipe
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.