If you like Lebanese food and spices then this Meat Kibbeh Akras Recipe is definitely for you. Enjoy one of the most famous Lebanese starter dishes.
Ingredients - serves 12
- ¾ cups burghul or 350 g, fine
- 500 g lean minced beef
- 1 small onion or 100 g, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- For the stuffing:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions or 250 g, chopped
- ½ kg minced lamb
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Mutton Bouillon , crumbled
- ½ teaspoon seven spices
- 3 tablespoons pine seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 2 cups vegetable oil or 440 g, for deep frying
- Wash burghul and drain then cover and set it aside for 1 hour.
- Combine in a mixing bowl the prepared burghul, minced beef, onion, mint, salt and spices. Mince the ingredients 3 times using the meat electric mincer (add some cold water to have soft dough if needed). Cover and set in the fridge.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onion and cook until tender. Add the minced lamb and stir until cooked and brown in color. Add the crumbled MAGGI® Mutton Bouillon cubes, Arabic seven spices, pine seeds, dried mint and pomegranate molasses and stir to combine well.
- With wet hands, take medium sized pieces of the kibbeh dough mixture, form each portion into an oval shape, making a space in the center by pushing your finger through from one end.
- Stuff with some cooked lamb mixture, close by pressing firmly.
- Fry the kibbeh in hot deep oil until golden brown.
- Serve hot with green salad and fresh yogurt.
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.