Delicious tasty recipe of Moroccan couscous patties from the Moroccan cuisine.
Ingredients - serves 4
- 650g desiree potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried red lentils, rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning
- 1/2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1/2 medium carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup couscous
- mango chutney and baby rocket, to serve
- Cook potato in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water for 10 to 12 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Reduce heat to low. Return potato to pan. Roughly mash. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place lentils in a small saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft. Add seasoning. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Remove from heat. Add onion mixture, lentils, zucchini, carrot, egg and coriander to potato. Stir to combine. Using 1/4 cup mixture at a time, shape into 12 patties.
- Place couscous in a shallow bowl. Dip patties in couscous to coat, shaking off excess. Refrigerate for 15 minutes, if time permits. Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties in batches, adding more oil if necessary, for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until golden and heated through. Serve with mango chutney and rocket leaves.