Greate Lebanese recipe for chicken with mulukhiya.
- 3 medium onions or 450 g
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup coriander leaves or 75 g, chopped
- 3 cups water or 750 ml
- 3 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Less Salt Bouillon
- ¼ cup lemon juice or 60 ml
- 500 g boneless and skinned chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 500 g mulukhiya, frozen and thawed
- Bake the onions in a 200°C preheated oven for 45 minutes or until onions are baked, remove from oven, peel and chop.
- Warm olive oil in a large pan, add garlic, coriander and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water, MAGGI® Chicken Less Salt Bouillon cubes and lemon juice. Add baked onions, bring to boil cover and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Use a stick blender or kitchen mixer and puree the stock until smooth. Add chicken cubes, cinnamon stick and mulukhiya. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until chicken becomes tender.
- Serve with toasted bread and cooked rice.
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them
an email or save this to your favorite social network.