For the kofta:
- 750 g minced lamb
- 1 small onion or 70 g, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley or 40 g, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Flavored Mutton Bouillon, dissolved in ¼ cup or 65ml hot water
- 1½ teaspoons chili paste
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 750 g baby eggplants, cut into round slices
- 2 cups basmati rice or 400 g, washed
- 3½ cups water or 875 ml
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Seasoning for White Rice
- In a bowl, combine all kofta ingredients except the eggplant and mix well. Divide into small balls and set aside.
- In a wooden skewer, arrange kofta balls and eggplant in sequence.
- Grill the kofta skewers over a medium heat in a large non-stick panfry greased with oil for 10 minutes from all sides or until kofta and eggplant are almost cooked.
- Arrange skewers in an oven tray then add ½ cup or 125ml water and cover with aluminum foil. Place the covered tray in a 200°C preheated oven for 10 minutes then serve with the white rice.
- Serve dakkous sauce aside with this dish.
- To prepare the rice:
- Add the water to a large saucepan. Add the rice, oil and MAGGI® Seasoning for White Rice cubes.
- Stir occasionally until it boils, cover and cook over low heat for 15- 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.