- 2 cups pinto beans or 300 g, dried small red beans, soaked for 12 hours
- 4 cups water or 1000 ml
- 2 medium tomatoes or 300 g, peeled and pureed
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Less Salt Bouillon
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion or 100 g, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- Pinch of seven spices
- Pinch of ground coriander
- Place the soaked beans and the water in a medium saucepan and bring to boil. Cover and simmer over a low heat for 1 hour or until beans are cooked.
- Add tomato pureed MAGGI® Chicken Less Salt Bouillon cubes and tomato paste over the beans and simmer for few minutes (Add water if it’s needed).
- Warm olive oil in a medium saucepan and sauté onion for 4 minutes or until onion is golden in color. Add garlic and stir until fragrant then pour them over the beans and simmer over a medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add spices and stir gently then remove from heat and serve.
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.