A healthy dish, full of sunshine flavours.
- 250g baby new potatoes , thinly sliced
- 1 large courgette , diagonally sliced
- 1 red onion , cut into wedges
- 1 yellow pepper , seeded and cut into chunks
- 6 firm plum tomatoes , halved
- 12 black olives , pitted
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast fillets , about 150g/5oz each
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 rounded tbsp green pesto
- Preheat the oven to 200C/ Gas 6/fan oven 180C. Spread the potatoes, courgette, onion, pepper and tomatoes in a shallow roasting tin and scatter over the olives. Season with salt and coarsely ground black pepper.
- Slash the flesh of each chicken breast 3-4 times using a sharp knife, then lay the chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Mix the olive oil and pesto together until well blended and spoon evenly over the chicken. Cover the tin with foil and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil from the tin. Return to the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes until the vegetables are juicy and look tempting to eat and the chicken is cooked through (the juices should run clear when pierced with a skewer).
350 kcalories, protein 21g, carbohydrate 47g, fat 0 g, saturated fat 1g, fibre 13g, salt 1.93 g
Recipe from Good Food magazine, May 2002.
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.