Mediterranean-style bean salad, a quick no-cook supper
- 290g jar artichoke hearts in oil
- 1 tbsp sundried tomato tomato paste
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 410g can cannellini beans , drained and rinsed
- 300g pack small vine tomatoes , quartered (about 12 in total)
- handful Kalamata black olives
- 2 spring onions , thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 200g log soft goat's cheese , crumbled
- Drain the jar of artichokes, reserving 3 tbsp of the oil. Pour the oil into a bowl and stir in the sun-dried tomato paste and vinegar until smooth. Season to taste.
- Roughly chop the artichokes and tip into a large bowl with the cannellini beans, tomatoes, olives, spring onions and half the goat's cheese. Stir in the artichoke oil mixture and tip into a serving bowl. Season to taste. Crumble over the remaining goat's cheese, then serve.
Use a can of tuna and flake it into the salad instead of the goat's cheese. Or pile up any leftovers on toasted bread for a quick snack.
Nutrition Per serving
367 kcalories, protein 13g, carbohydrate 16g, fat 28 g, saturated fat 7.4g, fibre 6g, salt 3 g
Recipe from Good Food magazine, September 2005.
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.