- 200g bulghar wheat
- 250ml hot vegetable stock
- ½ tsp Morroccan spice mix, or large pinch each ground cumin and ground cinnamon
- zest 1 lemon , juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ red onion , finely sliced
- 400g can chickpeas , drained
- 210g jar roasted peppers , drained and torn into shreds
- small bunch coriander , leaves only
- In a large microwave proof bowl, cover bulghar wheat with stock. Cover with cling film and microwave on High for 4 mins. Set aside, covered; it will absorb the stock within another 5 mins. Make a dressing with spice mix, lemon zest and juice and olive oil, then season to taste. Add the onion, chickpeas, peppers and coriander, toss through the cooked bulghar wheat and serve warm or cold.
364 kcalories, protein 11g, carbohydrate 55g, fat 13 g, saturated fat 1g, fibre 4g, salt 1.58 g
Recipe from Good Food magazine, April 2006.
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.