Fasolia is a famous main dish in many Arab countries and it is served with Lebanese rice. Enjoy this Fasolia recipe (white beans).
1lb dried haricot beans
1 large onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 tbsp tomato puree
olive oil for frying
- Soak the beans overnight.
- Drain and add fresh cold water. Bring to boil.
- Meanwhile, sauté the onions and garlic.
- Add peeled tomato, tomato puree and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- When the beans have come to the boil for 10 minutes, drain and add freshly boiled water enough to cover.
- Add the tomato sauce, cover and simmer for 45minutes or until the sauce has thickened and the beans are cooked.
- Five minutes before the end, add the salt and pepper.
- Allow the beans to stand for at least 15 minutes before serving. Serve as a main dish with Lebanese rice.
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.