Easy recipe for Authentic Lebanese Fattoush Salad - Learn how to make Authentic Lebanese Fattoush Salad dish. This salad dish is perfect for hot weather. This recipe consists of pita bread, tomatoes, cucumber, radish, onion, lemon juice, garlic, dried mint, olive oil, vinegar, fresh mint, sumac, sweet green pepper, and lettuce leaves.
1/2 Lebanese round bread (pitta), toasted
3 medium firm tomatoes, washed and chopped
3 slender cucumbers (250g\9 oz), washed and chopped
3 medium radishes (250g\9 oz) (1 cup), washed and chopped
4 spring onions, washed and coarsely chopped
1 medium onion (1/4 cup), roughly chopped
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, crushed with a pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon dried mint
2 tablespoons vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
1 cup coarsely chopped parsley
1 cup small purslane leaves
1/2 teaspoon ground sumac
1/2 cup coarsely chopped sweet green pepper
1 teaspoon salt
8 crisp cos (2 cups) lettuce leaves, torn into bite size pieces
- Break toasted bread into small pieces and keep aside.
- Wash the chopped mint, parsley and purslane, then drain well.
- Mix crushed garlic with salt, oil, vinegar, dried mint, lemon juice and ground sumac and keep aside.
- Put all ingredients in a serving bowl. Add toasted bread pieces and dress with garlic mixture, mix well.
- Serve fattoush if you wish garnished with additional toasted bread
Save and share Authentic Lebanese Fattoush Salad Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.