Easy recipe for Lebanese Tabouleh Salad. Enjoy Lebanese cooking and learn how to make best Lebanese Tabouleh Salad dish. Tabouleh is sometimes called the fairy salad, usually by grateful vegetarians with happy tastebuds. It is undoubtedly the most popular Lebanese salad, claiming the honor of being Lebanon's national dish. There are many ways of making tabouleh but the basic ingredients are burghul, parsley, tomatoes, mint, onion, lemon juice, and olive oil. Enjoy an authentic and traditional Lebanese salad dish.
1/4 cup burghul, fine cracked wheat
2 cups finely chopped parsley
1/2 kg (16 oz) firm red tomatoes, washed and finely chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt (as desired)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
a dash of all spice (as desired)
- Wash chopped mint and parsley then drain well.
- Wash the burghul several times and drain.
- Soak it in chopped tomatoes for 20 minutes.
- Rub chopped onion with salt.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Add olive oil and lemon juice, toss the mixture well.
- Serve Tabouleh with crisp cos lettuce leaves, or fresh cabbage leaves
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.