Easy recipe for Mediterranean Kabob. Learn how to make the best Mediterranean lamb Kabob. Spice rubs are an easy way to quickly add dynamic flavor to meat and vegetables, especially before grilling. Look for them on the shelves with other spices and near the meat and fish counters.
Ingredients - Serves 4 to 6
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Mediterranean spice rub
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound lean lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large red bell peppers, cored, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces (optional)
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch rounds
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 8 to 12 metal skewers
- Lemon halves
- In a bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, spice rub, and garlic to make a marinade. Transfer 1/4 cup of the marinade to a small bowl, cover, and refrigerate to use for basting later.
- Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag and add lamb. Seal bag, turn to coat, and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Brush grill rack with olive oil or use nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill.
- Drain and discard marinade from lamb. Alternately thread lamb, peppers, zucchini, and onions onto skewers to make kabobs.
- Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Baste with reserved marinade, then continue basting and cooking for 8 to 10 minutes longer, or until meat reaches desired doneness and vegetables are tender.
- Transfer to a large platter and serve with lemon halves.
Per serving (about 2 kabobs/310g-wt.): 430 calories (300 from fat), 33g total fat, 6g saturated fat, 60mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 13g total carbohydrate (4g dietary fiber, 6g sugar), 21g protein
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.