Delicious recipe for warak enab (stuffed grape leaves). Bring the great taste of Lebanese food to your kitchen. Warak enab is usually served as an appetizer/side dish or as a main dish if you prepare a large quantity of Warak enab.
Well, the smell is not great while cooking it, but once the cooking is over, you are in for a finger licking, delicious meal that is befitting of royalty. So treat yourself. We know you will be addicted to this healthy, flavorful and uniquely Mediterranean meal.
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 70 leaves grape leaves
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1/8 cup parsley finely chopped fresh
- 1 cup rice
- Rinse rice in cold water, drain. Add all ingredients except lemon juice and grape leaves, mix well.Wilt leaves a few at a time by rinsing in hot water (a few at a time), be sure to cut off thick stems.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of lamb/rice mixture on edge of dull side of leaf. Begin rolling from stem end, after the first roll fold ends in to close and finish rolling. Place a few leaves in bottom of pan. Arrange rolls in compact rows, seam side down Cover with water about 1/2 inch over the top.
- Sprinkle 1 T salt over rolls. Place a pottery plate on top of rolls to hold in place.
- Cover pan, cook on medium 20 minutes. reduce heat, add lemon juice cook 10 more minutes. Drain most of the juice before serving. Serve hot.
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.