Easy and delicious recipe for Iraqi Biryani. Enjoy Iraqi food cooking and learn how to make tasty dish of Iraqi Biryani.
Preparation time : 35 minutes
Cooking time : 45 minutes
250 g minced lamb
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
1 cup vegetable oil or 220 g, for deep frying
1 medium potato or 150 g, cut into medium cubes
1 medium carrot or 150 g, cut into medium cubes
1 medium onion or 125 g, sliced
½ cup frozen green peas or 80 g, thawed
1 whole chicken or 800 g, cooked, without bones and shredded
2 tablespoons raisins
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Pinch of saffron filaments
½ cup almonds or 75 g, peeled and toasted
2 tablespoons ghee
¾ cup vermicelli or 75 g
2 cups rice or 400 g, washed
2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
1½ teaspoons arabic mixed spicess
4 cups water or 1000 ml
- In a mixing bowl, combine minced lamb, onion and parsley (season with salt and pepper). Form meat mixture into small balls; place in a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 200˚C for 10 minutes or until meat balls are cooked. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, deep fry potato and carrot in the hot oil (reserve 2 tablespoons of oil) and set them aside over a kitchen tissue to absorb any excess oil.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the reserved oil and sauté onion until its tender then add green peas, shredded chicken meat, raisins, black pepper powder, saffron leaves, almonds, the prepared meat balls potato and carrot. Stir until well combined and set aside (add salt to your taste).
- In a medium pot, melt the ghee, add the vermicelli and stir until vermicelli is changed in color to golden brown; Add rice, MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon cubes and spices (add salt if needed). Stir for seconds then add the water and stir constantly to boil. Cover and simmer over a low heat for 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Add the prepared meat and vegetable mixture over the rice and mix all carefully with the rice. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes then serve.
iraqi maklouba - tashreeb dajaj recipe - Kabsa Recipe
Save and share Iraqi Biryani Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.