Enjoy Saudi food recipes and learn how to make the best Saudi Rice with Meat - Meat Zurbian.
|Preparation time :||20 minutes|
|Cooking time :||2 hours|
1 kg lamb, pieces with bones
8 cups water or 2000 ml
2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
2½ cups basmati rice or 500 g, washed and drained
2 tablespoons ghee
3 medium onions or 500 g, finely chopped
1 cup yoghurt or 250 g
2 medium tomatoes or 300 g, finely chopped
¾ teaspoon white ground pepper
¾ teaspoon ground cumin
¾ teaspoon ground coriander
¾ teaspoon ground turmeric
¾ teaspoon ground cardamom
3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Place lamb pieces and water in a large pot. Bring to boil and remove froth as it appears. Add the MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon cubes, cover and simmer over low heat for 1½ hours or until lamb pieces are cooked.
- Remove lamb pieces from the stock, add the rice to stock, which should be around 6 cups or 1500ml, and boil it for 10 minutes or until almost cooked. Drain the rice and set aside.
- Heat ghee in a large pot, add and cook the onions, stirring for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Add the cooked lamb pieces to the onions and mix carefully.
- Combine the yogurt with the tomato, spices and the garlic and pour over the lamb pieces.
- Add the cooked rice over the meat mixture, cover and cook over low heat for 25–30 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Serve on a large serving dish and garnish with fried nuts.
Save and share Saudi Rice with Meat - Meat Zurbian recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.