Sunday, November 28, 2010
The Arabic Food Recipes kitchen (The Home of Delicious Arabic Food Recipes) invites you to try Chargrilled chicken with mint & currant couscous Recipe. Enjoy the Moroccan Cuisine and learn how to makeChargrilled chicken with mint & currant couscous.
Forgo the Friday-night takeaway in favour of this delicious dish. The combination of currants, coriander and mint give this couscous a Moroccan flavour.
Ingredients (serves 4)
4 (about 700g) single chicken breast fillets
1 tbs olive oil
1 tbs fresh lemon juice
190g (1 cup) couscous
45g (1/4 cup) currants
375ml (1 1/2 cups) boiling water
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
1 x 200g ctn natural yoghurt
1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
1 tbs olive oil
1 tbs chopped fresh mint
1 tsp finely grated lime rind
1 tbs fresh lime juice
1. Place the chicken in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice and turn to coat. Set aside for 5 minutes to marinate.
2. Meanwhile, place the couscous and currants in a heatproof bowl. Pour over the boiling water and extra virgin olive oil. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Use a fork to separate the grains. Stir in the coriander and mint.
3. Meanwhile, to make the raita, combine the yoghurt, cucumber, oil, mint, lime rind and juice in a medium bowl.
4. Preheat a chargrill on high. Cook the chicken for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Slice across the grain.
5. Divide the couscous among serving plates. Top with the chicken and serve with raita.
Chicken pita pockets with raita: Omit couscous, currants, water, extra virgin olive oil, coriander and mint. Divide the thinly sliced chicken and 2 egg tomatoes, sliced, among 4 pita pockets, halved. Top with raita to serve.
Spiced yoghurt chicken salad with mint & potatoes: Omit couscous, currants, boiling water and extra virgin olive oil. Place 500g coliban (washed) potatoes, chopped, in a steamer basket over a saucepan of simmering water. Cook, covered, for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Combine chicken, potato, coriander, mint and half the raita in a bowl. Sprinkle with 2 tbs toasted pine nuts. Serve with remaining raita.
Chicken & yoghurt curry with herb couscous: Omit lemon juice and raita ingredients. Thinly slice chicken. Omit step 1. Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and 4 tbs korma curry paste and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Add 150g natural yoghurt and 100ml water. Simmer for 5-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Serve with couscous.
Good Taste - March 2007, Page 49
Recipe by Heidi Flett
Chicken & couscous one-pot recipe - How to Make Couscous - Moroccan chicken and couscous
Save and share Chargrilled chicken with mint & currant couscous recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.