Wednesday, December 1, 2010
The Arabic Food Recipes kitchen (The Home of Delicious Arabic Food Recipes) invites you to try 30 minute lamb roast recipe. Enjoy Christmas Occasion Recipes and learn how to make 30 minute lamb roast.
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
750g trim lamb mini topside roasts
1 tbs olive oil
1 bunch baby (Dutch) carrots, ends trimmed, washed
1 x 400g pkt Woolworths Fresh Baby Potatoes With Butter and Herbs
5 sprigs fresh rosemary
200g sugar snap peas
60ml (1/4 cup) Woolworths Select Thick Mint Sauce
375ml (1 1/2 cups) water
40g (1/4 cup) Woolworths Select Traditional-Flavoured Instant Gravy
80ml (1/3 cup) red wine
1. Preheat oven to 220°C. Season the lamb with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a roasting pan over high heat. Add the lamb and cook for 1 minute each side or until browned.
2. Arrange carrots, potatoes (including butter from the packet) and rosemary around the lamb. Roast for 20 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
3. Meanwhile, cook the sugar snap peas in a small saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Drain and return to the pan. Add the mint sauce and stir until well combined. Whisk together the water and gravy in a jug.
4. Transfer the lamb and vegetables to a plate and cover with foil. Place the pan over high heat. Add the wine and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the gravy mixture and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute until the gravy thickens.
5. Divide the roast vegetables and sugar snap peas among serving plates. Thickly slice the lamb across the grain. Divide lamb among the plates and drizzle over the gravy to serve.
Roast chicken with fennel & potatoes: Omit the sugar snap peas and mint sauce. Replace the lamb with 4 single chicken breast fillets. Replace the carrots with 3 baby fennel bulbs, ends trimmed, thickly sliced. Replace the rosemary with 5 fresh tarragon sprigs. Replace the red wine with white wine. Replace the traditional-flavoured instant gravy with Woolworths Select Chicken-Flavoured Instant Gravy. Roast the chicken and vegetables in oven for 15 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cover with foil. Roast the vegetables for a further 10 minutes or until tender. Divide chicken and vegetables among serving plates. Serve.
Roast pork with apple sauce: Omit the mint sauce. Replace the lamb with 4 pork chops. Roast the pork and vegetables in oven for 15 minutes. Transfer pork to a plate and cover with foil. Roast the vegetables for a further 15 minutes or until tender. Divide pork and vegetables among serving plates. Serve with bought apple sauce.
Beef with asparagus & bearnaise sauce: Omit the carrots, mint sauce and gravy. Replace the sugar snap peas with 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed. Replace the lamb with 4 x 2cm-thick beef eye fillet steaks. Roast beef and potatoes for 10 minutes. Transfer beef to a plate and cover with foil. Roast the potatoes for a further 15 minutes or until tender. Divide beef and vegetables among serving plates. Serve with bought bearnaise sauce.
Good Taste - July 2007, Page 44
Recipe by Alison Adams
Save and share 30 minute lamb roast recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.