|Photo: Maklouba With Cauliflower Recipe|
The Arabic Food Recipes kitchen (The Home of Delicious Arabic Food Recipes) invites you to try Maklouba With Cauliflower Recipe. Enjoy the good taste of Arabic Food and learn how to make Maklouba With Cauliflower.
It's a palestinian recipe, cooked on the weekends, when all family members meet for lunch.
Origin: Palestinian Cuisine
Preparation Time: 1 hr(s)
Cooking Time: 30 min
Number of servings: 6
1 kg cauliflower, with florets seperated
2 whole chicken without skin, cut into 4 pieces each
2 cups rice, rinsed
6 cloves garlic
1 cup parsley, chopped finely, equivalent to 1 small punch
1/2 teaspoon 7 spices
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 cup almonds
1/4 cup raw pine nuts
salt to taste
1. In a large saucepan, fry the cauliflower florets in vegetable oil. Then place in a strainer until completely drained.
2. Heat 2 tablesppons of vegetable oil in a pan. Add in the pine nuts and almonds and cook over medium heat until nuts are fried. Remove nuts from heat and set aside.
3. Place the chicken pieces in a pot and cover with water. Add in the 7 spices and cook until the chicken is done. Remove the chicken onto a plate and reserve the chicken broth. Season the chicken pieces with salt.
4. Sprinkle the bottom of a pan with a little bit of rice. Layer the cauliflower florets over the rice and then add the chicken pieces as a third layer. Spread over the garlic cloves and arrange the rice over the garlic. Add in the turmeric, cumin, salt and just enough chicken broth to cover the rice.
5. Place a plate upside down over the rice to prevent it from scattering.
6. Cover the pan and cook over low heat for 30 minutes, until the rice is cooked. Turn off the heat and remove the plate.
7. To serve: Place a large serving dish over the pan and turn it upside down. Lift up the pan slowly. Garnish with parsley and the fried almonds and pines.
8. Serve Hot.
More Arabic Food Recipes:
Stuffed Baby Zucchini and Eggplant with Beef Shanks
Chicken and Potato in Oven
Save and share Maklouba With Cauliflower Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.