|Photo: Baba Ghanouj Recipe|
The Arabic Food Recipes kitchen (The Home of Delicious Arabic Food Recipes) invites you to try Baba Ghanouj – Roasted Eggplants With Garlic and Tahini. Enjoy the good taste of Arabic Food and learn how to make Baba Ghanouj – Roasted Eggplants With Garlic and Tahini.
Baba Ghanouj is made by mashing roasted eggplants with Tahini paste, some garlic, and a bit of white vinegar to help lighten the color. It is served as a cold appetizer dip along with pita bread and some salted Lebanese pickles such as cucumbers, chili peppers and turnips.
Back in the old days and even occasionally today, instead of using a food processor folks use a wooden mortar and pestle to mash the eggplants its way into Baba Ghanouj. Mama said that she prefers to do it that way when she has more time. Don’t forget to use high quality olive oil to garnish the dip. Enjoy!
Baba Ghanouj is a delicious Mediterranean appetizer made with fire roasted eggplants and Tahini sauce.
Baba Ghanouj Recipe
3-5 medium eggplants (3 lbs)
5 table spoons Tahini paste
Juice from 1 freshly squeezed lemon
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 table spoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Roast the eggplants in the oven on medium heat, or on a BBQ grill for about 30 minutes.
- While eggplants are still hot (not too hot so you don’t burn your hands), peel them and discard as much as possible of their seeds.
- Strain the water from the eggplants by placing them on a colander for about 10 minutes. This step is important so you don’t get a liquid Baba Ghannouj.
- Add eggplants and all ingredients in a food processor and let run for 2-3 minutes until you get a paste.
- Place Baba Ghanouj paste into a serving plate, garnish with any/all of the following: olive oil, chopped parsley, sumac spice or chili powder, salted pickles…etc
- Serve cold as an appetizer, with a side of Pita bread.
Source: Mama's Lebanese Kitchen
Author: Esperance Sammour
More Arabic Food Recipes:
Vegetarian Stuffed Grape Leaves
Roasted Green Wheat with Chicken ( Freekeh ma’ djej)
Lamb Steaks with Moroccan Spiced Rice
Moroccan lamb skewers with couscous
Lebanese lentils and rice
Falafel with Garlicky Tahini Sauce
Save and share Baba Ghanouj – Roasted Eggplants With Garlic and Tahini Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.