|Kofta with Green Olives|
½ kg meat, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
½ cup bread crumbs, crushed
1 eggs, Whipped
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon red pepper, paprika
1 stick cinnamon
4 tomatoes, grated
2 tablespoons tomato sauce
1 cup beef broth
1 cup green olives, Pitted
Salt and black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a deep bowl, mix meat with garlic, herbs, eggs, bread crumbs, salt and black pepper
- Form small balls from the meat mixture. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Fry meatballs in batches. When the meatball is very brown and slightly crisp remove from the heat and drain on a paper towel.
- Saute onion in the same skillet with the remaining olive oil.
- Add pepper, paprika and stir until onion softens.
- Add the cinnamon, tomatoes, tomato sauce and broth.
- Leave the sauce to boil over low heat and season with salt and black pepper.
- Add meat balls and olives. Cook for 10 minutes until the sauce thickens and the meatballs are cooked.
- Serve with rice.
Source: Lebanese Recipes