- 500 gm Flour
- 1 cup Boiled milk and cooled to warm
- 1 x Cake yeast or 1 package dry yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 tbs Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 300 gm Ground beef or lamb
- 1 x Onion chopped
- 1 x Tomato peeled seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Cumin powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs Lemon juice
- 1 tbs Tahini
- 1 tsp Syrian spices or all spice, ground.
- Dissolve yeast in the warm milk. Stir in half the flour and sugar.Let stand 10 minutes Put this mixture in the food processor and add salt,oil and process with the plastic blade. Add the rest of the flour and continue processing until it forms a ball around the blade. Transfer dough to an oiled bowl and turn so that it’s all coated with the oil. Cover bowl with plastic and let rise in a warm place for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Make balls the size of golf balls. Roll out each ball very thin 2 to 3 mm. Place about 1 Tb filling in the center and press 3 edges of dough together on top to enclose the filling. Transfer esfihas to an oiled cookie sheet as you go.
- Cover them with kitchen cloth and let stand 20 minutes.Preheat oven to maximum heat, if your oven reaches 500 great. Bake 20 minutes or until top is golden brown.