Toum Recipe I
- 7 egg yolks (Yellow part)
- 1 tablespoon of viniger
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- pinch of salt
- 4 cups of oil (Olive or vegetarian)
- 3 - 5 cloves of garlic (pounded very well)
- Mix the Egg yolk with the Viniger, Mustard and Salt.
- Start pouring the oil slowly on the mixture while mixing.
- Do not stop mixing untill all the oil is mixed thoroughly.
- When you get a creamy dip add the Pounded garlic and keep on mixing until all the ingredients are merged together.
- 1 cup strained plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk the yogurt until smooth and creamy.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk to combine.