- khishneh (Arabic خشنه) "rough", consisting of kadaif pastry, which looks like long thin noodle threads.
- na'ama (Arabic ناعمة) "fine", consisting of small pieces of semolina clustered together.
- mhayara (ِِArabic محيرة): which is a mixture of both khishneh and naa'ama.
Knafeh Dough Recipe:
- 3 cups semolina(smeed)
- 1 cup semne
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Put them all in a tray.
- Put the tray in the oven for a few minutes until it dries.
- Rub it until it becomes soft and smooth.
- When you want to make any recipie,mix the dough first with some butter and put it at the bottom of a tray(30cm) until it cover it very well,press little bit until it sticks,and then continue what you want to do.