- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 2-2 1/4 cups warm milk
- 3 tablespoons yogurt
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
For batter :
- Sift dry ingredients into bowl.
- Add in yoghurt and milk and mix until combined.
- Mixture should be of middling texture, not watery and not too thick. Just somewhat thicker than a pancake batter consistency.
- Leave to rise in a warm place for 1/2 an hour.
- Heat oil, when hot drop batter in by teaspoonfuls and cook until just golden brown.
- Drain and then place immediately into syrup and toss to coat.
- When coated completely remove and place on serving dish. Serve warm.
- Boil water and sugar together on low heat without stirring (so that it'll stay clear) until it reaches the point that when it cools on the spoon, it is of a thick sticky consistency.