If you like carrot then this Carrot Pie Recipe is for you!
Preparation time : 25 minutes
Cooking time : 50 minutes
Ingredients - serves 8
For the crust:
- 2½ cups digestive biscuits or 250 g, crumbled
- ½ cup butter or 100 g, melted
- For the filling:
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 medium carrots or 300 g, peeled and finely grated
- ½ cup water or 125 ml
- 1 tin NESTLÉ® Sweetened Condensed Milk or 397 g
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons rose water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup ground almonds or 100 g
- Combine biscuit crumbs and butter in a bowl, rub the ingredients to combine well, press pastry over the base and sides of a 26cm loose bottom tart tin. Set aside.
- Place butter and carrot in a large saucepan, stir over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until carrot is tender. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Place the cooled carrot mixture in a kitchen food processor, add water NESTLÉ® Sweetened Condensed Milk , eggs, vanilla, rose water and ground almond then process for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Spoon mixture over the prepared tart tin. Bake in an 180˚C preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until its firm from the middle.
- Allow to cool then place in fridge for 2 hours before serving.
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.