If you like Lebanese dessert recipes, you should try Eish El-Saraya, it's a great oriental dish.
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 35 minutes
- 10 slices toast bread, crust removed
- 2 cups sugar or 400 g
- 3 cups water or 750 ml
- 2 tea bags
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- For the filling:
- 1 tin NESTLÉ® Cream or 170 g
- 2 cups milk or 500 ml
- 1/3 cup corn flour or 40 g
- 1 tablespoon blossom water
- Place toast bread pulps slices in an oven tray and bake in a 200˚C preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until toasted and its color changes to golden.
- Place sugar in a large saucepan and stir constantly over a medium heat until sugar changes to light caramel then add in water, tea bags, cinnamon stick and bay leaf. Bring to boil and simmer for 3 minutes. Strain and set aside.
- Add the toasted bread slices into the prepared hot syrup and stir well until bread is mashed and absorbed all the syrup. Keep aside to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, add NESTLÉ® Cream , milk and corn flour to a large saucepan, bring to boil with constant stirring then simmer for 1-2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and stir with orange blossom water. Allow to cool at room temperature. (Cover with cling film to avoid the top drying up).
- Spread the bread mixture evenly over a large platter.
- Stir the cooled cream well until very smooth and spread it evenly over the bread mixture.
Save and share this Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.