Easy recipe for hummus dip. A Very popular Lebanese hummus recipe that is used as an appetizer dip. Learn how to make best hummus the easy way.
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Makes about 450g (1 cup)
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbs tahini
- 2 tbs water
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Sweet paprika, to garnish
- Carrot & celery sticks, to serve
- Place chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, water, cumin, coriander and garlic in the bowl of a food processor and process until a smooth paste forms. Taste and season with salt and pepper. (Add a little extra lemon juice or water if the hummus is too thick.)
- Transfer hummus to a bowl. Sprinkle with paprika to garnish. Serve with carrot and celery sticks.
Good Taste - February 2005, Page 119
Recipe by Jan Purser
How to make Best Hummus - Feta Hummus Recipe - Garlic Hummus Recipe - Falafel & hummus on pita bread
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.