Easy fatayer recipe. The flavor of the feta through the spinach with the spices is very moorish. Enjoy Middle Eastern snacks.
- 500g fresh spinach, blanched
- 250g Persian feta
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 dessertspoon sumac
- 400g puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
- Make sure that the spinach has all the excess water squeezed out, and then roughly chop.
- In a fry pan heat some olive oil; fry the onions until golden brown. Add the spinach, allspice, sumac and season well. Make sure all ingredients are mixed well.
- Cut the puff pastry into 10cm rounds with a pastry cutter. Take a round of puff pastry and lay it flat in your hand and put a dessertspoon in the middle.
- To make a traditional three-sided pie, lift up two sides and pinch the neighbouring edges together, making a thin-ridged joint. Lift the third side and join its two edges to the other sides to make a pyramid with a rounded base.
- Seal the openings by pinching the edges firmly all the way to the top. Do this with all the discs.
- Place the pies on foil on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.