Thursday, November 11, 2010
The Arabic Food Recipes kitchen (The Home of Delicious Arabic Food Recipes) invites you to try Chicken kofta Recipe. Enjoy cooking tasty Middle Eastern food and learn how to make Chicken kofta.
Ingredients (serves 6)
750g chicken mince
1 onion, coarsely grated
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup (70g) fresh white breadcrumbs
1 long green chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
1 tsp garam masala
2 tbs chopped coriander leaves, plus extra to garnish
1 tbs freshly grated ginger
1 tbs olive oil
3 tbs korma curry paste
400g can chopped tomatoes
200ml canned coconut milk
200ml chicken stock
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tbs lemon juice
Naan bread, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place the chicken mince, onion, egg, breadcrumbs, chilli, garam masala, chopped coriander and half the ginger in a bowl with 1 teaspoon salt. Mix with your hands until well combined. Using damp hands, roll mixture into 30 walnut-sized balls, then place on tray in a single layer. Bake for 15 minutes until light golden.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a deep frypan over medium heat. Add curry paste and remaining ginger, then stir for 1 minute until fragrant. Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes, then add coconut milk, stock and sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes. Add kofta and simmer for 20 minutes until kofta are cooked through and sauce has thickened. Stir in lemon juice to taste.
4. Serve kofta with pilau rice garnished with extra coriander and naan bread.
5. Bring on spring with gorgeous lamb recipes, salad recipes and strawberry & pineapple recipes.
delicious. - October 2008, Page 75
Recipe by Valli Little
Kofta Orfali with White Rice Recipe - Lamb kofta with flatbread - Kofta Stew Recipe
Save and share Chicken kofta recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.