Wednesday, December 1, 2010
The Arabic Food Recipes kitchen (The Home of Delicious Arabic Food Recipes) invites you to try Baked cheesecake with passionfruit topping recipe. Enjoy Christmas Occasion Recipes and learn how to make Baked cheesecake with passionfruit topping.
A smooth creamy cheesecake is essential when entertaining cafe style, and this is a classic baked number.
Preparation Time 40 - 70 minutes
Cooking Time 85 minutes
Ingredients (serves 10)
1 x 250g pkt plain sweet biscuits (such as Arnottâ€™s Nice)
125g unsalted butter, melted
2 x 250g pkts cream cheese, at room temperature
155g (3/4) cup caster sugar
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
2 tbs fresh lemon juice
2 tbs plain flour
125ml (1/2 cup) pouring cream
1 tbs cornflour
80ml (1/3 cup) water
1 x 170g can Woolworths Select Passionfruit Pulp
55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar, extra
1. Release the base from a 20cm (base measurement) springform pan and invert. Line with non-stick baking paper, allowing sides to overhang. Secure the base back into the pan.
2. Place biscuits in the bowl of a food processor. Process until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until well combined. Transfer to pan. Use the back of a spoon to spread and press firmly over the base and side of pan. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
3. Preheat oven to 160°C. Use an electric beater to beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon rind in a large bowl until smooth. Add the lemon juice and flour. Beat until well combined. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the cream and beat until well combined.
4. Pour the cream cheese mixture into the biscuit base. Place on a baking tray. Bake in oven for 1 hour 10 mins or until the cheesecake is just set in the centre. Turn the oven off. Leave the cheesecake in the oven, with the door slightly ajar, for 2 hours or until cooled completely (this prevents the cake from cracking). Place in fridge overnight to set.
5. Combine the cornflour and water in a small bowl. Transfer to a saucepan. Add the passionfruit and extra sugar. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens. Set aside to cool slightly. Pour over cheesecake. Place in fridge until set.
Cook's tip: Don't worry if the cheesecake is slightly wobbly in the centre when you turn off the oven - it becomes firmer as it cools.
Good Taste - March 2009, Page 89
Recipe by Kathy Knudsen
Save and share Baked cheesecake with passionfruit topping recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.