Tuesday, January 11, 2011
The Arabic Food Recipes kitchen (The Home of Delicious Arabic Food Recipes) invites you to try Moroccan Rib Roast Recipe. Enjoy the Moroccan Cuisine and learn how to make Moroccan Rib Roast.
This tender, juicy, low-calorie rib roast is infused with the flavors of North Africa. Coriander, lemon, and cumin pack plenty of zesty Moroccan-flavored punch, while grilled vegetables provide a tasty natural side. To make the dish even more authentic, try using a leg of lamb instead of beef.
2 tablespoons coriander seeds, crushed
2 tablespoons finely shredded lemon peel
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds, crushed
1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1 4- to 5-pound beef rib roast
8 cloves garlic, peeled and cut into slivers
Assorted peeled and cut-up vegetables, such as carrots, turnips, and sweet peppers
1. In a small bowl stir together coriander seeds, lemon peel, olive oil, cumin, red pepper, and salt. Rub surface of meat thoroughly with coriander mixture.
2. Cut 1/2-inch-wide slits randomly into top and sides of meat. Insert garlic slivers deep into slits. If desired, cover and chill meat for up to 24 hours.
3. Prepare grill for indirect grilling. Test for medium heat above the drip pan. Place meat on the lightly oiled grill rack over the drip pan.
4. Cover and grill for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the meat registers 155 degree F for medium doneness. Add assorted cut-up vegetables to grill during the last 45 minutes of grilling, removing and setting them aside as they become tender. Carve meat and serve with the grilled vegetables. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
5. Test Kitchen Tip: You may prepare this recipe using leg of lamb instead of a beef rib roast as part of a more authentic Moroccan feast. For a 3- to 4-pound leg of lamb, grill for 2 to 3 hours or until a meat thermometer registers 155 degree F for medium doneness.
Basic roast beef & vegetables
Roast rack of lamb with Moroccan spices
Lebanese Lamb Chops with Lemony Lettuce
30 minute lamb roast
Moroccan Lamb Casserole
Lamb Chops with Lebanese Green Beans
Save and share Moroccan Rib Roast Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.