|Photo: Grilled Vegetable Kebabs Recipe|
The Arabic Food Recipes Kitchen (The home of Delicious Arabic Food) invites you to try Grilled Vegetable Kebabs recipe. Enjoy the Arabic cuisine and learn how to make Grilled Vegetable Kebabs.
Grilled Vegetable Kebabs
1 japanese eggplant, sliced into 1-inch/2.5cm rounds (1)
1 zucchini, sliced into 1-inch/2.5cm rounds (1)
1 red pepper, cut into 2-inch/5cm long rectangles (1)
8 red cherry tomatoes (8)
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (45ml)
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar (10ml)
pinch each salt and freshly ground pepper (pinch each)
6 12 inch long wooden skewers (30cm)
1 7 ½ ounce can pizza sauce
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (125ml)
¼ cup cream cheese, softened (50ml)
¼ cup finely chopped pepperoni (50ml)
½ cup mayonnaise (125ml)
2 tablespoons sour cream (30ml)
2 tablespoons prepared pesto (30ml)
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Grilled Vegetable Kebabs
1. Grease grill lightly and preheat to medium-high. In a small bowl whisk the olive oil with the balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Put the cherry tomatoes together on 1 skewer. Thread the other skewers by alternating with remaining vegetables, according to taste. Each skewer will fit about 10-12 pieces. Lightly brush prepared skewers with olive oil mixture and set all but the cherry tomato skewer on the grill.
3. Grill vegetables, turning and basting occasionally, until tender-crisp, about 10 -15 minutes. Add cherry tomato skewer to the grill during the last 3-5 minutes of cooking. Serve vegetables alone, or with pizza dip. Tip: To prevent wooden skewers from burning, soak for 30 minutes in warm water before threading with ingredients and setting on the grill. You could also brush vegetables with your favourite prepared vinaigrette before grilling.
1. Combine ingredients together in a microwave safe bowl and cover. Microwave on medium heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring halfway during cooking time, until cheese is melted and dip is bubbling. Makes 1 1/4 cups/300 mL Tip: You could double this recipe for the whole family to enjoy as a fondue, using grilled or fresh vegetables, as well as breadsticks, for dipping.
1. Stir ingredients together and serve with grilled vegetables. Makes 1/2 cup/125 mL Tip: Double the batch and use on sandwiches with leftover grilled vegetables or other fillings, such as cooked chicken.
Adopted from Food Network Canada
More Arabic Food Recipes:
Lemony Moroccan-Style Chicken Kebabs Recipe
Lebanese Grilled Eggplant Dip Recipe
Stuffed Samka Hara with Coriander Pesto Recipe
Chicken and Rice Recipe
Save and share Grilled Vegetable Kebabs Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.