Sunday, December 5, 2010
The Arabic Food Recipes kitchen (The Home of Delicious Arabic Food Recipes) invites you to try Double-chocolate cupcakes recipe. Enjoy Christmas Cupcake Recipes and learn how to make Double-chocolate cupcakes.
1 cup (250ml) thickened cream
450g good-quality dark chocolate
3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
1 cup (150g) plain flour
1 tbs good-quality cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
Sugar flowers (optional), to decorate (see note)
100g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
1/3 cup (80ml) thin cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line an 18-hole patty pan with paper cases.
2. Stir cream and chocolate in a pan over low heat until smooth. Cool slightly.
3. Place eggs and sugar in bowl of an electric mixer, and beat on high until pale and doubled in volume. Slowly beat in chocolate mixture.
4. Sift in flour, cocoa and baking powder, then stir with a metal spoon to combine.
5. Divide mixture among cases. Bake for 15-20 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool slightly in pans, then remove cakes from cases.
6. Meanwhile, for sauce, place ingredients in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (don't let bowl touch water). Stir until chocolate has melted.
7. Remove from heat and stir until smooth.
8. Cool slightly. Serve cakes topped with sauce. Decorate with flowers if using.
* From kitchenware and cake shops.
delicious. - September 2005, Page 94
Recipe by Valli Little
More cupcake recipes...
Christmas cupcakes with chocolate brandy buttercream
Orange cupcakes recipe
Vanilla cupcakes recipe
Save and share Double-chocolate cupcakes recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.