Friday, April 15, 2011
The Arabic Food Recipes kitchen (The Home of Delicious Arabic Food Recipes) invites you to try Easy Baklava Recipe. Enjoy Tasty Middle Eastern Desserts and learn how to make Easy Baklava.
This is simple and easy. Serve it in cupcake papers. It freezes well, too.
Prep Time: 30 Min | Cook Time: 50 Min | Ready In: 1 Hr 20 Min
1 pound chopped mixed nuts
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (16 ounce) package phyllo dough
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup white sugar
1 cup water
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2. Toss together cinnamon and nuts. Unroll phyllo and cut whole stack in half to fit the dish. Cover phyllo with a damp cloth while assembling the baklava, to keep it from drying out.
3. Place two sheets of phyllo in the bottom of the prepared dish. Brush generously with butter. Sprinkle 2 to 3 tablespoons of the nut mixture on top. Repeat layers until all ingredients are used, ending with about 6 sheets of phyllo. Using a sharp knife, cut baklava (all the way through to the bottom of the dish) into four long rows, then (nine times) diagonally to make 36 diamond shapes.
4. Bake in preheated oven 50 minutes, until golden and crisp.
5. While baklava is baking, combine sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Stir in honey, vanilla and lemon zest, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
6. Remove the baklava from the oven and immediately spoon the syrup over it. Let cool completely before serving. Store uncovered.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 194 | Total Fat: 12.4g | Cholesterol: 14mg
More Dessert Recipes:
Pistachio Dates Truffles
Almond Sesame Balls
Baklava with honey syrup
Fried Qatayef Bil-Kishta
Qatayef Asafiri Bil-Kishta
Save and share Easy Baklava recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.