Friday, April 15, 2011
The Arabic Food Recipes kitchen (The Home of Delicious Arabic Food Recipes) invites you to try Pistachio Hazelnut Baklava Recipe. Enjoy Tasty Middle Eastern Desserts and learn how to make Pistachio Hazelnut Baklava.
Making Baklava is a long process, but hopefully you will find the results of your labors rich and rewarding with this wonderful recipe.
Prep Time: 1 Hr | Cook Time: 1 Hr 25 Min | Ready In: 2 Hrs 25 Min
8 ounces finely chopped pistachio nuts
8 ounces finely chopped hazelnuts
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup white sugar
2 cups unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 (16 ounce) packages frozen phyllo pastry, thawed
1/4 cup whole cloves
3 cups white sugar
2 1/2 cups water
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1. In a large bowl, toss together the pistachio nuts, hazelnuts, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves, and 1/2 cup sugar.
2. Unroll thawed phyllo pastry, and cover with a damp towel to prevent drying and cracking. Brush a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan with melted butter using a pastry brush. Lay one sheet of pastry onto the buttered pan, and brush with more butter. Repeat until there are 8 buttered sheets of dough stacked. Sprinkle some of the nut mixture over this layer, then cover with 3 more layers of pastry, each brushed with butter. Sprinkle more of the nut mixture, then 3 layers of buttered pastry. Repeat this pattern until the nut mixture is gone, reserving 8 layers of pastry for the top. Each time a layer of pastry is placed, it must be brushed with the melted butter.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cut the pastry into strips, then into diamonds. Pieces should be somewhat small because they are so sweet. At this point each piece may be studded with a whole clove. Heat the remaining melted butter until boiling, and drizzle it evenly over the whole pan.
4. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until evenly golden.
5. While the pastry is baking, combine the remaining 3 cups sugar, water, honey, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
6. When the pastry comes out of the oven, immediately pour the syrup evenly over the entire pan. Be careful when pouring; the hot syrup may cause the butter in the pastry to boil up and splatter. Allow baklava to cool to room temperature before serving. Remove whole cloves from pieces before eating.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 182 | Total Fat: 10.9g | Cholesterol: 16mg
More Dessert Recipes:
How to make best Algerian baklava
Save and share Pistachio Hazelnut Baklava recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.