Sunday, November 20, 2011
The Arabic Food Recipes kitchen (The Home of Delicious Arabic Food Recipes) invites you to try Sambosa Recipe. Enjoy the Arabic Cuisine and learn how to make Sambosa.
1 ½ Cup flour
¼ Cup oil
½ Cup water
Oil for frying
½ Kilo ground beef (lamb or beef)
1 Onion (medium size), chopped
½ Tbs oil
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp ground all spice
1 Egg, boiled
¼ Cup parsley, chopped
- Cook meat over medium heat until browned.
- Remove any excess fat resulting from cooking.
- Add onion and oil, season with salt, pepper and spices. Stir over medium heat for 5
minutes or until onion is tender.
- Cut boiled egg into small pieces then mix with meat and parsley.
- set aside to cool.
For sambosa dough
- Mix flour, salt and make a well in the flour.
- Add oil, water gradually; mix until lightly firm dough is formed.
- If using electric mixer, combine flour, salt, oil and water on medium speed for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into small equal balls, roll on a lightly floured surface and cut into thin circles.
- Place a tablespoon of the filling mixture on one side of the circle.
- Crimp down the edges with a fork or wet your finger and rub it along the inside edge of the dough and fold.
- Heat oil to 350° F, deep fry sambosa for 3 - 5minutes until golden (for best results do not put a big amount at a time).
- Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel.
- Sambosa can be preserved after frying in a sealed plastic bag and refrigerated for a month, then heated in the oven.
More Arabic Food Recipes:
Feteer Meshaltet "Arabic Pie"
Phyllo with minced beef
Moroccan-spiced lamb triangles
Lebanese Olive Pizza
Lebanese Chicken Marinade
Save and share Sambosa Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.